Subscribe to our Marketing Newsletter
Postcard Marketing versus other forms of marketing
The postcard is a great tool for marketing your small business. Postcards can be sent to targeted clients with pictures of your products or services on the front and contact details on the back.
You may be tempted to just email the information, but I advise against it. There are three primary reasons why they are not as effective:
- There’s a chance that your email won’t even reach the intended person
- Many managers and other professionals won’t open mail from sources that they don’t recognize.
- Many managers get hundreds of marketing emails. You may be ignored, simply because your email is group with these types of emails.
Postcard marketing is more personal and shows more effort. Your postcards show that you care enough about your product or service to put forth the extra cost and effort of creating the postcards and mailing them.
Compare and contrast postcard marketing to mailing letters.
- Letters - Only the intended person will see the contents.
- Postcards - Multiple people in the organization will see your products - if the information is useful it will, more than likely be passed around.
- Letters - Mailing cost is highest.
- Postcards - Mailing cost is lowest per piece.
Very few forms of marketing have the immediate impact than a well design and printed postcard does. Postcards allow you to create a targeted marketing vehicle that helps distinguish you from the crowd.
Copyright MyMarketingGuys 2010
Your are currently browsing this site with Internet Explorer 6 (IE6).
Your current web browser must be updated to version 7 of Internet Explorer (IE7) to take advantage of all of template's capabilities.
Why should I upgrade to Internet Explorer 7?
Microsoft has redesigned Internet Explorer from the ground up, with better security, new capabilities, and a whole new interface. Many changes resulted from the feedback of millions of users who tested prerelease versions of the new browser.
The most compelling reason to upgrade is the improved security. The Internet of today is not the Internet of five years ago. There are dangers that simply didn't exist back in 2001, when Internet Explorer 6 was released to the world. Internet Explorer 7 makes surfing the web fundamentally safer by offering greater protection against viruses, spyware, and other online risks.
Get free downloads for Internet Explorer 7, including recommended updates as they become available. To download Internet Explorer 7 in the language of your choice, please visit the Internet Explorer 7 worldwide page.